Welcome to my 2nd blog!
There is not much work done to control the use of chemicals via big companies and governments. We consume and expose ourselves daily to chemicals, and most of us are not reading the labels and most of us still unaware of the effects of those chemicals and the probability of serious health issues.
Here is a list of some chemicals and the reason why you should not use them or even allowing such chemicals to enter your home.
|Sodium Lauryl Sulphate is known as
Sodium Laurilsulphate or sodium dodecyl sulphate.
|· Could damage the Immune System
· Could penetrates the skin and is also held in the brain, heart and liver.
· It is also a mutagen, can change the information in genetic material in the cells.
· FDA report 1978, it is a potent carcinogen when contaminated with a nitrosamine.
· Can cause skin irritation.
|BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) and
BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)
|· Could be a human carcinogen
· Can cause skin depigmentation, liver damage, stomach cancers
|Triclosan and triclocarban||· linked to hormonal disruptions
· Impaired disruptions
· Damage DNA
|Aminophenol Diaminobenzene phenylenediamine||· By-product of coal processing (human carcinogen)
· Can create difficult skin reactions on the scalp, ears or neck (skin allergies).
· Some studies demonstrate is has potent skin sensitizing properties.
|Parabens||· Can mimic hormones in the body
· Disrupt the functions of the endocrine system
· Cause reproductive and developmental disorders.
|PEG (polyethylene Glycol)||· PEG is often contaminated with other chemicals and heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, nickel, cobalt and iron.
· It damages the skin
· Can cause human carcinogen
· May cause kidneys and liver organ toxicity.
|Retinyl Palmitate,Retinyl acetate, retinoic acid and retinol||· Carcinogenic
· Teratogenicity and bone health, e.g. liver toxicity
|Petroleum Distillates||· Overexposure to petroleum distillates may cause dizziness, drowsiness, headache, and nausea
· May cause contact dermatitis and often contaminated with cancer causing impurities.
|Oxybenzone||May disrupt hormone system and potentially to cell damage that may lead to skin cancer|
|Dibutyl phthalate, toluene and formaldehyde [toxic trio]||· Birth defects, endocrine disruption, headaches and respiratory problems.
· Formaldehyde is known as human carcinogen
· Toluene can affect the central nervous system and cause reproductive harm. Its major use is as an additive in gasoline.
|Hydroquinone||· Can cause skin disease called ochronosis
· Can make skin more sensitive to sunlight (photosensitivity).
· The potential to cause cancer, according to the FDA report on hydroquinone skin bleaching products
· May experience an allergic reaction to hydroquinone.
· Large amounts are toxic.
|Phthalates||· Normally under the word “fragrance” on a label. Phthalates are known endocrine disruptors.
· Some types of phthalates have affected the reproductive system of laboratory animals.
|Perchloroethylene or “PERC”||· Perc is a neurotoxin, and the EPA classifies perc as a “possible carcinogen.
· Short-term exposure to high levels of perchloroethylene can affect the central nervous system and cause unconsciousness and death.
· Long-term exposure may damage the central nervous system, liver, and kidneys; it can also cause respiratory failure, memory loss, confusion, and dry and cracked skin. If you are pregnant, long-term exposure to perchloroethylene may damage a developing fetus.
|Triclosan||Triclosan is an aggressive antibacterial agent that can promote the growth of drug-resistant bacteria. The EPA is currently investigating whether triclosan may also disrupt endocrine (hormonal) function. It is a probable carcinogen.
The use of triclosan is linked to the following effects on human health:
· Abnormal endocrine system/thyroid hormone signalling.
· Weakening of immune system.
· Children exposed to antibacterial products at an early age have an increased chance of developing allergies, asthma and eczema.
· Uncontrolled cell growth.
· Developmental and reproductive toxicity.
|Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, or “QUATS”||Another type of antimicrobial, and pose the same problem as triclosan. See above|
|2-Butoxyethanol||According to the EPA’s Web site, in addition to causing sore throats when inhaled, at high levels glycol ethers can also contribute to narcosis, pulmonary edema, and severe liver and kidney damage.|
|Ammonia||People who get a lot of ammonia exposure, will often develop chronic bronchitis and asthma. Ammonia can also create a poisonous gas if it’s mixed with bleach.|
|Chlorine||Chlorine can be acute, and they can be chronic; it’s a respiratory irritant at an acute level. It may be a serious thyroid disruptor.”|
known as lye
|Is extremely corrosive: If it touches the skin or gets in your eyes, it can cause severe burns.|
Personally, I will never use any products that contain any of the chemicals below. Please, Look carefully at the labels of any products you buy and take good care of your Health and everybody around you.
If you are still unsure, please watch The Human Experiment Movie which will explain all in details as well as please search and find alternative products that do not cause any health issues and protect your family!
more information can be found at:
YOUR HEALTH MATTER, YOUR LIFE MATTER, YOU MATTER!!